Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tana and Karasjok





I'm still up north, I'll be here five more days. This weekend I've been visiting my cousin in Tana, which is about 180 km. north of here. I was also filming a bit while I was there cuz they are having a marked up in Tana with things to buy, things to see and competitions.
Yesterday I went to see snowscootercross. It was a lot of fun :-) Then we went to the marked. Some of the people there were laps, or sami, the native people in norway. A lot of them are raindeer-farmers. I bought a pair of shoes which they make themselves. They make them out of raindeer skin and wool. If you look at the sami-woman she has a pair of similar shoes.
Today I drove back to Karasjok, but had to make a stop on the way to do some filming again. Right now there is a dog sled race going on here. It's not as hard as the one in Iditarod, but it is the one which the northernmost sled dog race in the world.
After I got back to Karasjok I went for a short crosscountry ski trip, enjoyed a sauna, and had a nice meal at the restaurant here. So I've had a very nice day :-) Now I will go outside to see if I can see the northern light.

No comments: